Social Distance Testing the week of July 27th to August 1st.
We all need something to work for. We are happy to announce our next rank testing will be held the week of July 27 – August 1st. We will schedule individual or family testing in 30 – 40 minutes blocks to maintain your safety. You may invite members of your family to come and watch. Contact elements of testing will be eliminated–no sparring, no self-defense. Students will perform one-steps and kicking one-steps without partners or with family members from the same house-hold. Required board breaks will be arranged on cinder blocks by the student or held by family members.
If you are ready to test, contact one of our instructors and arrange a time. Testing does not have to occur during normal class hours.
To help you prepare for your next rank, we would like to remind you of our current class offerings and schedule.
We have in-person classes Mon, Wed, and Thu evenings from 6 – 7 PM and Saturdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
We also offer live-streaming classes on Monday and Tuesday Evenings from 6 -7 PM via our Facebook page.
We occasionally offer simultaneous streaming of our Saturday afternoon classes as well.
Social Distance and Sanitation Procedures for in-person classes.
We are making every effort to make our taekwondo school as safe as possible for in-person instruction. This includes:
- No contact drills, no sparring, no self-defense, no one-steps with partners
- No bag work or shared equipment–including target and heavy bags, jump rope, ripcords, weights, and community weapons
- Change in “line up.” We do not line up by rank, but arrange students around the room to maximize personal space. Students who live in the same household stand near one-another regardless of rank. We can have 12 – 15 students in class and maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Change in water break. Students bring their water bottles with them to the floor and keep them nearby to minimize “grouping” during breaks.
- More frequent sanitizing of common surfaces: we bleach light switches, door knobs, and bathroom fixtures before and after every class. Bleach spray, Clorox Wipes, and Lysol spray are available for student use if students have concern about touching surfaces.
- No chairs in spectator area. To reduce crowding, we ask visitors do not sit in our spectator area, but instead remain in vehicles outside the school or drop-off and pick up students. Parents who prefer to stay and watch training may do so, we encourage these spectators to wear masks and keep their distance.
- Students may wear masks during in training if they choose, but are not required to do so.
While these policies do not eliminate the risk of COVID-19 spread at our taekwondo school, we can reduce that risk.
We understand not all our students feel comfortable returning to an in-person class; but we hope to see some of you back on the floor.
Master Mike Catron, Master Hilary Catron, Master Shawn Labadie, and Ms. Amanda Witte